Sunday, July 3, 2011

Chicken Burgers!

My husband is a great critic of burgers and it took me a while to perfect a grilled chicken burger. This is the first in a series of burgers that I've made. You'll get more of Fillet-o-Fish, Chicken Sliders, and Mini Zingers in posts soon to come!



For 1 lb of ground chicken (leg and thigh pieces), I used half a bunch of chopped green onions, 2 tbspn bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves, 1 tsp fresh garlic and ginger paste, 1 egg white, 1 tbspn chopped fresh mint, salt, and 1 tsp dijon mustard (not regular mustard).




Mix everything together and leave to rest for 10 - 15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the burger toppings and heat up the grill. I use a stove top girdle to grill the burgers.

Shape the meat into the desired patty size. Grill burgers on very lightly oiled skillet till each side is browned. Flip once and do not press on patty.





When burger is done place a slice of cheese on top of the patty till it melts just slightly.




Dress up the burger with your favorite toppings. I use italian style burger buns, with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and cucumbers. Instead of Mayo I use a sauce made by combining Peppercorn Ranch dressing with Chilli Garlic sauce.





Serve with fries, pasta salad, and grilled corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment